Mobile oil treatment unit (MUPN) is a complex of modular equipment designed for oil treatment according to the requirements of GOST R 51858-2002.
MUPN is designed for degassing, dewatering, and desalting of oil.
Main parts of MUPN
Depending on the initial parameters, MUPN may include the following equipment:
- separation equipment (NGS, NGSV, GS, KSU, etc.),
- heating equipment (electric heaters, line heaters with intermediate coolant),
- oil dehydration and desalting units,
- water treatment units,
- pump units for oil and water transportation and pumping water or oil into the formation,
- oil, gas, and water metering units,
- vertical or horizontal flare units,
- tank farm (buffer tanks, storage tanks, firefighting tanks),
- operator, amenities blocks, power units, etc.,
- engineering communications.
The process flow diagram of a complex oil treatment unit may vary depending on the capacity, emulsion properties, oil and water treatment requirements.
Advantages of MUPN:
application of mobile units manufactured within transport dimensions provides a reduction in manufacturing and commissioning terms and capital costs;
no need to prepare foundations or piling field;
unification of the applied units allows to scale the oil treatment facility. MUPN can be upgraded to apply the equipment on other fields in case of the need for relocation;
application of modern and efficient internal devices enables reduction of the development footprint and the metal consumption of the plant;
possibility of gradual field development due to the scalability of the technology and the possibility of adding new units and process chains without stopping the wells.